Affiliation Circus

Talk about the Chicago Wolves, the AHL, and other hockey in general here. Not hockey? Head outside to The Great Outdoors.

Note: The old message board is officially dead. They took away the old version of PHP, meaning it won't run, and I didn't have enough time to try to upgrade to the new version. You will need to re-register to post!
nmuwildcat

Affiliation Circus

Post by nmuwildcat »

To recap:
Vegas had their honeymoon wear off and wanted to have their own AHL affiliation. So they offered San Antonio a couple free buffet vouchers and a permanent seat at any Cirque show they wanted and wooed the Rampage to Henderson.

Meanwhile, a couple NHL teams *cough*Carolina*cough*Chicago*cough* were rumored to be unhappy with their minor league affiliations, but don't actually control them and were window shopping.

Now for today's big news: The St. Louis Blues have agreed to a five year deal with the Springfield Thunderbirds.

This now leaves the Florida Panthers as the prime partner for the Wolves (because honestly, the Blues and Wolves were, to quote Taylor Swift, "never, ever, ever getting back together,") with potential tire kicks from window shopping NHL teams.

Also, if I remember correctly, the Panthers were one of the leading partners for the Wolves back in 2013, but the Blues made a better pitch.

wolves01

Re: Affiliation Circus

Post by wolves01 »

FWIW. I have no idea how credible this guy is.

https://twitter.com/MarkDivver/status/1 ... 2758617088

nmuwildcat

Post by nmuwildcat »

I had heard the Carolina connection as well when the Rampage move was announced, so that really isn't a surprise.

And we all should recognize their President and General Manager... :lol:

Which means that they'll likely be hands off unless they have to.

wolfkeeper
Site Admin

Post by wolfkeeper »

Yup, I've heard the Carolina rumor as well.

Florida? If we can't have the Hawks we can have Blackhawks South lol

WolfBoy

Post by WolfBoy »

Just wish it would be announced.

WolfBoy

Post by WolfBoy »

I know it won't happen, but wouldn't it be cool, to be in the Easter Conference? A whole bunch of teams we haven't played in quite some time.

nmuwildcat

Post by nmuwildcat »

WolfBoy wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:31 am
I know it won't happen, but wouldn't it be cool, to be in the Easter Conference? A whole bunch of teams we haven't played in quite some time.
If I was a Charlotte Checker fan, I'd be stoked because I believe they've seen everyone in the league this last decade. Well, except maybe two or three California teams.

I'd love to see some new teams come circling through. It's a shame that Iowa, Milwaukee, and Rockford get some new teams, and yet we see the same teams again and again.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

* see different uniforms every year

I get getting frustrated about seeing the same 5 teams come into the AA week after week after week within the same season. But AHL teams change so much within seasons, much less from season to season. 2 years later you are looking at essentially a completely different team. The difference between Tuscon coming here three years in a row or Tuscon coming in one year, Providence the next, and Charlotte the third year is literally nothing more than seeing different pretty jerseys.