AHL Shut Down???

Talk about the Chicago Wolves, the AHL, and other hockey in general here. Not hockey? Head outside to The Great Outdoors.

Note: The old message board is officially dead. They took away the old version of PHP, meaning it won't run, and I didn't have enough time to try to upgrade to the new version. You will need to re-register to post!
Alvious

Re: AHL Shut Down???

Post by Alvious »

They're going to bang it, no doubt.
Sign me up for soccer class, Debra!

wolfkeeper
Site Admin

Post by wolfkeeper »

AHL is not shutting down, still planning on returning to play in May.

https://twitter.com/AHLPR/status/1239657693545000962

WolfBoy

Post by WolfBoy »

I can't see them continuing the regular season, if they come back in May it would seem it would be the playoffs.

nmuwildcat

Post by nmuwildcat »

USHL declares season canceled.

AHL still hanging on.

NHL says their plan is to open up a "training camp" in June, resume in July, playoffs in August, September Stanley Cup Final, draft and free agency in October, and 2020-21 season starts in November.

Meaning.... AHL would likely shadow. Unless they scrub the season and start up in October as normal, but that could be interesting with free agency.

Alvious

Post by Alvious »

I'll be very surprised if there are any sports at all in the next year or so. This virus ain't going away, people.
Sign me up for soccer class, Debra!

WolfBoy

Post by WolfBoy »

Alvious wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:29 am
I'll be very surprised if there are any sports at all in the next year or so. This virus ain't going away, people.
Paranoia will destroya...once told to us by The Kinks.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

NMU, no they didn't. That was an unofficial idea the players association came up with. That hasn't even gotten to the point of a formal proposal to the owners yet.

The league has, so far, said that starting next season on-time is important to them. The players, obviously with such short career spans, really want to maximize any possibility to complete this year because of the escrow and impact on the salary cap.