Game 3

Talk about the Chicago Wolves, the AHL, and hockey in general here. Off-topic? Head outside to the Great Outdoors.
Wolves fan for life

Game 3

Postby warno » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:41 pm

Ugh. From the Wolves Facebook page

To help you cheer, we're giving away cow bells on Wednesday to the first 2,500 fans at the arena, thanks to Bath Fitter.

Well if helps drown out those annoying horns, then I'm OK with it. Somebody needs to invent something like a duck call that sounds like a wolf howl. That's waaay more appropriate and original than a cowbell.

Wolves fan for life

Re: Game 3

Postby WolfBoy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:07 am

I am hoping that the game is a better called game. When a Charlotte player slashes the stick out of Cody Glass' hands while he has the puck, & it results in a Goal for them. It's a Penalty, not a Goal, the worst non-call I have seen in quite some time.
You miss 100% of the Shots you don't Take. - Gretzky

Mr. Beer Snob

Postby WolfKeeper » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:07 am

MacKenzie suspended for game 3 per AHL.

Not surprised, but still stings.
"There's nothing important in there." -- AHL referee Ghislain Hebert on the AHL rulebook.

Mr. Beer Snob

Postby WolfKeeper » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:08 am

WolfBoy wrote:I am hoping that the game is a better called game. When a Charlotte player slashes the stick out of Cody Glass' hands while he has the puck, & it results in a Goal for them. It's a Penalty, not a Goal, the worst non-call I have seen in quite some time.

You must have missed the hand pass in the NHL WCF lol
"There's nothing important in there." -- AHL referee Ghislain Hebert on the AHL rulebook.

Wolves fan for life

Postby WolfBoy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:51 am

WolfKeeper wrote:
WolfBoy wrote:I am hoping that the game is a better called game. When a Charlotte player slashes the stick out of Cody Glass' hands while he has the puck, & it results in a Goal for them. It's a Penalty, not a Goal, the worst non-call I have seen in quite some time.

You must have missed the hand pass in the NHL WCF lol

Oh I forgot about those. :lol:

Wolves fan for life

Postby WolfBoy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:53 am

WolfKeeper wrote:MacKenzie suspended for game 3 per AHL.

Not surprised, but still stings.

Agreed, but as mentioned earlier someone needed to step up for all the cheapshots that have been going on. So I applaud that, but as someone else mentioned, he is the glue on this team. Will need someone to have a monster game in his place.

Wolves fan for life

Postby butsyfan » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:54 pm

Since there is no hockey on Wednesday except for the Wolves, I thought I'd drop my 2 year ban on anything Wolves and thought I'd check on them here before watching the game. COWBELLS?? They really have turned this organ-i-zaton into what they really want... Rockford East. Fuck it; the ban will continue. Here's hoping my long time friends here and new fans enjoy the ride!!!
If it looks like a skunk, and it smells like a skunk..you can bet your ass it's a fucking skunk..My grandfather
Attack each day with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. ..Jack Harbaugh (Jim's Dad)

Wolves fan for life

Postby nmuwildcat » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:02 pm

warno wrote:Ugh. From the Wolves Facebook page

To help you cheer, we're giving away cow bells on Wednesday to the first 2,500 fans at the arena, thanks to Bath Fitter.

I was told years ago that the Wolves were "too classy" to ever stoop so low as to offer cowbells. :lol:
There is no "D" in Karel Pilar.

Wolves fan for life

Postby Goon1 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:20 pm

warno wrote:Ugh. From the Wolves Facebook page

Stupid Bath Fitter! I hate those cow bells. I hated them when Rockford and Admiral fans brought them in the AA and I will hate them Wednesday as well.
Dirk, Lurxst, and Pratt

Wolves fan for life

Postby WolfBoy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:40 am

It's too bad that most of the conversation has to be about cowbells. Don't get me wrong, I don't like them, but who cares?

This is a chance to take the lead in the series, an important game, no question. Hopefully actual penalties that are actually penalties, will be called.

Wolves fan for life

Postby wolves01 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:52 am

Love these comments from Rocky. I expect the boys to be fired up tonight! https://wgntv.com/2019/06/04/curtis-mckenzie-suspended-for-fight-wolves-miffed-by-checkers-coachs-comments/

Mr. Beer Snob

Postby WolfKeeper » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:08 am

I've never been a fan of the instigator rule. What happened at the end of game two is regrettable, but would never have happened if that Checker player didn't take a cheap shot with seconds left in the game. Not sure how their coach can't figure that out.

Wolves fan for life

Postby 8cylinders » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:19 pm

First off I too can live without the cowbells unless it's in a song and needs it! :D

The Checkers are good at cheap shots alright. The guys need to keep their head in the game like we need to ignore those cowbells. It hurts Mac is suspended but we have the horses and the talent to play tonight without him. Cheap shots or not the Checkers are a good team so I think this is a must win. It would be nice to win 2 of 3 at home. Winning the first one sets that up. If we can win 3 straight then we win the cup. I'd like to see that happen but that borders, if not is, wishful thinking. But hey, anything can happen.

The AHL as always shows the weakest link in their game is the officiating. This goes whether the call is for or against the home team. But the league suffers a bit because of this. I've brought friends to the game and they don't come back in some part because of the amateur refs. The game itself they liked. I really wish the league could do something about that. I know some calls get missed because it's the nature of the game but I've seen better and more consistent work at a park district roller hockey game. :lol:

It's nice to see the Wolves set up for the all the final games to be on TV. A thanks and kudos to them.

GO WOLVES!!!!!
For a really bad officiating job call Harry Dumas. Contact the AHL for further details or other incomp-o-tant striped shirt idiots.

Enforcer

Postby Altmike » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:21 pm

I can't make it tonight but will be at both the Thur and Sat games.

Wolves fan for life

Postby FlexwithSkates » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:17 am

The Checkers are simply the better team. Bigger, stronger, faster,calmer,more confident. The Wolves absolutely have to play 99% mistake free hockey as the Checkers are extremely opportunistic after seemingly being in the right position consistently.
Yes, we had more shots on goal, but it never felt threatening. We are a very talented team with great coaching but they are better, just a fact.
can the Wolves win the Cup............ Yes, but it will take our absolute best mistake free play of the season to do it.

The Cowbells were embarrassing......
Shut the fuck up, Donny. ....you're out of your fucking element!

Mr. Beer Snob

Postby WolfKeeper » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:52 am

I thought the Wolves played an excellent 18 minutes in the first. After the goal. I'm pretty sure we all thought they were going to tie it up with that two-on-one late but that netminder got over so quickly. After that it was downhill.

Wolves fan for life

Postby warno » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:23 am

WolfKeeper wrote:I thought the Wolves played an excellent 18 minutes in the first. After the goal. I'm pretty sure we all thought they were going to tie it up with that two-on-one late but that netminder got over so quickly. After that it was downhill.

That first goal was a punch in the mouth that woke them up. After the way the Wolves badly outshot Charlotte the rest of the period, I figured it was just a matter of time til the floodgates opened. Passing was good, forecheck was good, plenty of looks. They did everything right except score. In the 3rd when McGinn didn't score when all alone on the doorstep then I knew it was not going to end well.

Biggest concern was no Carr in the 3rd. The guy sitting in front of me said he saw a shoulder/elbow to the head late in the 2nd. Not good.

Just remember these are the best refs in the AHL. Coming soon to an NHL city near you. :banghead:

Actually I blame the cockatiel for this. Who brings a bird to a hockey game???

Enforcer

Postby WolvesFan86 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:09 am

What was up with that bird? Why did security let it in?

Mr. Beer Snob

Postby WolfKeeper » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:10 am

Emotional support bird?

Enforcer

Postby WolvesFan86 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:40 am

Lol

Wolves fan for life

Postby WolfBoy » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:11 am

I thought we played a lousy game, couldn't find a way to finish, until the game was pretty much out of reach.

Wolves fan for life

Postby Howler1 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:52 pm

People are bitching about cowbells when they should be furious about the abhorrent officiating we are experiencing game in game out. When is Wolves management going to do something about the BS we see on the ice in zebra costumes?
Lies, Greed, Racism and Fear... The Republican Way!

Enforcer

Postby WolvesFan86 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:14 am

Same old story in every sport and every league. There always have been and always will be bad calls and missed calls

Return to On the Ice