[Game Thread] 10.13 vs the Chickens

Talk about the Chicago Wolves, the AHL, and hockey in general here. Off-topic? Head outside to the Great Outdoors.
Wolves fan for life

[Game Thread] 10.13 vs the Chickens

Postby WolfBoy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:08 am

Yay! A home game, the best time of the season, let's see how they do against a team we generally don't play well against.
You miss 100% of the Shots you don't Take. - Gretzky

Mr. Beer Snob

Re: [Game Thread] 10.13 vs the Chickens

Postby WolfKeeper » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:34 am

I'm not scheduled to work the game, but I'll be there. Buy me a beer if you see me, you bums :mrgreen:

Heard that Rosemont was going to jack the parking fee to $20 at the Horizon, so the move for free parking may have been the Wolves seeing that as a negative to the experience. Instead, they're adding a $3 facility fee to tickets to recoup some of that cost.
"There's nothing important in there." -- AHL referee Ghislain Hebert on the AHL rulebook.

Enforcer

Postby Altmike » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:58 am

WolfKeeper wrote:I'm not scheduled to work the game, but I'll be there. Buy me a beer if you see me, you bums :mrgreen:

Heard that Rosemont was going to jack the parking fee to $20 at the Horizon, so the move for free parking may have been the Wolves seeing that as a negative to the experience. Instead, they're adding a $3 facility fee to tickets to recoup some of that cost.

Wow $20 that's horrible. Is the city that hard up for cash? I wonder how much sway the Wolves have as a tenant there?

Wolves fan for life

Postby Howler1 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:18 pm

Altmike wrote:
WolfKeeper wrote:I'm not scheduled to work the game, but I'll be there. Buy me a beer if you see me, you bums :mrgreen:

Wow $20 that's horrible. Is the city that hard up for cash? I wonder how much sway the Wolves have as a tenant there?

Its not hard up for cash as much as it is pure and simple greed. They know people have no alternatives. Possibly parking out of town and cabbing it may save a little. I don't know of any public transportation that would serve the AA
Lies, Greed, Racism and Fear... The Republican Way!

Wolves fan for life

Postby Goon1 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:33 pm

$20.00?? WTF. Ugh. That is a negative for the experience.
Dirk, Lurxst, and Pratt

Mr. Beer Snob

Postby WolfKeeper » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:34 pm

it probably went like this: "Well, the UC charges $20 to park now, so can we!"
"There's nothing important in there." -- AHL referee Ghislain Hebert on the AHL rulebook.

Enforcer

Postby WolvesFan86 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:03 pm

Howler1 wrote:
Altmike wrote:

Its not hard up for cash as much as it is pure and simple greed. They know people have no alternatives. Possibly parking out of town and cabbing it may save a little. I don't know of any public transportation that would serve the AA

Pace runs a bus from the rosemont CTA to the AA for $2. But parking is $7, or there are several buses that will take you to the rosemont cta, or of course the blue line. But that is all too much of a pain.

Wolves fan for life

Postby warno » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:53 am

WolfKeeper wrote:Heard that Rosemont was going to jack the parking fee to $20 at the Horizon, so the move for free parking may have been the Wolves seeing that as a negative to the experience. Instead, they're adding a $3 facility fee to tickets to recoup some of that cost.

If that's the reason for the free parking then kudos to Wolves management for figuring out a way around it. If Rosemont wants $20 for event parking, I wonder how much they charge the flea market vendors for spaces?

Wolves fan for life

Postby warno » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:59 am

Now lets talk about the game shall we? :)

Liked the work ethic. Forecheck was strong all night. When Legace let in that first weak goal, I thought we could be in for a long night but it turned around quick. Macek's hattie only saw ONE cap on the ice?? Got a gift on the 2nd one but that first one was a thing of beauty. This team isn't as big as some of the years under the Blues but again, liked the effort. 3-0 ain't a bad way to start against some weaker teams but 2 points is 2 points.

Mr. Beer Snob

Postby WolfKeeper » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:41 am

We're still a mess passing and timing, but that can only improve with so many new faces. I liked what I saw.

Wolves fan for life

Postby Howler1 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:09 pm

warno wrote:Now lets talk about the game shall we? :)

Liked the work ethic. Forecheck was strong all night. When Legace let in that first weak goal, I thought we could be in for a long night but it turned around quick. Macek's hattie only saw ONE cap on the ice?? Got a gift on the 2nd one but that first one was a thing of beauty. This team isn't as big as some of the years under the Blues but again, liked the effort. 3-0 ain't a bad way to start against some weaker teams but 2 points is 2 points.

There eventually was a second hat thrown. A solid effort no real let ups. We were out shot which to me says both teams were on their game, good for us. New alpha sweaters are the best I can remember. Hope we can keep this up.
Lies, Greed, Racism and Fear... The Republican Way!

Wolves fan for life

Postby nmuwildcat » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:49 pm

BTW, heard from one of the officers in the parking lot that concerts and other venues are $25 (at least) now for parking.
There is no "D" in Karel Pilar.

Wolves fan for life

Postby WolfBoy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:28 am

nmuwildcat wrote:BTW, heard from one of the officers in the parking lot that concerts and other venues are $25 (at least) now for parking.

Last time I was there for a concert, which was 09, it was $25.
You miss 100% of the Shots you don't Take. - Gretzky

Return to On the Ice