Just wanted to give this business some kudos...

Buy, sell, or trade your hockey (or other stuff) here with other wolfkeeper.org readers.
Wolves fan for life

Just wanted to give this business some kudos...

Postby 8cylinders » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:21 am

I just picked up my customized jersey from Waist Up in Arlington Hts. (I think that's the town there in. The city boundries in the NW burbs can be really confusing but either way these guys are on Rand Rd. about 3 miles northwest of Randhurst on the north side if the street. You have to actually go into the strip mall and go north as far as you can go. Then you'll find them. I can't remember the strips name though... :? ) They once again did a stunning job on my jersey. If you live in the area and want a jersey customized these guys are terrific. This is the second one they have done for me the first one being the 2002 jersey. Both are stunning and drop dead gorgeous. The stitch work is some of the best I've ever seen........ :)
For a really bad officiating job call Harry Dumas. Contact the AHL for further details or other incomp-o-tant striped shirt idiots.

Wolves fan for life

Postby dug63 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:27 am

what do they charge, if you don't mind me asking?

Wolves fan for life

Postby 8cylinders » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:42 pm

I paid $100 but they didn't just put some numbers and a name on it. This jersey was the maroon one so the numbers were 3 colors. Then there were 13 letters above and below the the number on the back. Everything was sewn on and they make double sure the colors they use for the numbers match the jersey colors(They don't settle for 'close' or what's in stock. They'll order the exact color if they don't have it.). Of course the letters were white. They went above and beyond on the white jersey they did for me in 2002 to get an exact match on the maroon for the outline of the numbers and the letters. The stitching is flawless, no spots missed or irregular(sp?) anywhere. As you can tell I'm extremely impressed with their quality of work and customer service.

Hope this helps...... :)
For a really bad officiating job call Harry Dumas. Contact the AHL for further details or other incomp-o-tant striped shirt idiots.

Wolves fan for life

Postby dug63 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:55 pm

yep thank you. I found a guy in MN that gets the numbers and ships them to me. I'm lucky enough to have my mom be an amazing tailor, so I get off pretty cheap, but thats not bad for the kit and the sewing. Thanks for the help!

Captain of the Gravy Train

Postby Alvious » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:30 pm

dug63 wrote:I'm lucky enough to have my mom be an amazing tailor

Did she sew your new blue jeans? Was your father a gambling man down in New Orleans?
Bring your champions, they're our meat!

Wolves fan for life

Postby SnyderChic » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:22 pm

Is that the place you told me to go when I was getting my Snyder jersey done?

If so I agree-GREAT place!
"... Friends look out for each other no matter how tough things are." - Jake Snyder addressing Dany Heatly as this brother's funeral.

Lindeman's Lambic Spontaneously Fermanted and Loved by SC.

Wolves fan for life

Postby 8cylinders » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:30 pm

SnyderChic wrote:Is that the place you told me to go when I was getting my Snyder jersey done?

If so I agree-GREAT place!

Yep, that's the place snydes...... :)

4th Line Goon

Postby 69AlphaWolf69 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:05 pm

I have not tried these guys for my hockey jerseys. It's cool you found a great place to take your jerseys to for customizing that does good quality work.

The only folks I entrust my hockey jerseys to for customizing is Triple Threat Sports in Mokena, IL

Can't say enough good things about the good people at TTS/Chris Hubble. They are professional, customer-focused, very reasonable in their pricing, and do pro-quality work.

Just wanted to post this as another good option for anyone looking to get their Wolves sweaters customized.
- Life's too short to drink shitty beer -

Return to The Pro Shop