Switch to full style
You want to argue ketchup on hot dogs? Why the Bears suck? Post a stupid photo? If it ain't hockey, do it here.
Post a reply

Washing an autographed jersey?

Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:11 pm

Dumb question I know, but my autographed Sammy Hagar jersey needs a wash. If autographed with a sharpie, will it remain or get washed out?

Re: Washing an autographed jersey?

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:15 pm

Funny thing happened to my brother. He had a Ronick jersey signed by JR. Well my mom washed it and the signature came right out. There was just a faint line where you could see his signature. So my mom got a sharpie and traced it out. I think she told my brother a few months later. Moral of the story. Be very careful.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:49 pm

I've only done it once when I had a couple jerseys that needed cleaning: I was told to turn the jersey inside out, use only cold water, and line dry it afterward.

Autographs stayed. All jerseys were signed on their number.

YMMV.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:37 pm

Thanks for the advice

Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:40 am

I wouldn't do it, either get it dry cleaned if it needs a washing, or just Fabreze the crap out of it if it smells.

I tried putting one in a washing machine a long time ago, & it put wrinkles in the patches & numbers. That was washing it inside out, on cold, & letting it air dry.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:28 pm

I googled this topic. Whats been said here is pretty spot on but it also suggested setting the ink with a hot iron or in a dryer at the highest setting appropriate for the fabric type.

Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:34 pm

So have you tried washing it yet? I'm curios about the results.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:28 pm

Never tried it yet. Too nervous. I wonder about dry cleaning. CD One Price is a Wolves sponsor and will clean Wolves jersey's for free all season

Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:09 pm

Lemme double check through my jerseys, but I'm pretty sure the only instructions I've ever seen are "DO NOT DRY CLEAN."

Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:22 pm

That's probably why they offer to do it for free :)
Post a reply