Register

Cubs

You want to argue ketchup on hot dogs? Why the Bears suck? Post a stupid photo? If it ain't hockey, do it here.
Veteran

Cubs

Postby KUZ » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:43 am

Congratulations to the Cubs for winning the NL Pennant
There's a "stairway to heaven" and a "highway to hell" because more people are going to hell!

Wolves fan for life

Re: Cubs

Postby FlexwithSkates » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:29 pm

Based on the World Series schedule, the Wolves better put together a couple of quick White Sox promotions for this weekend so that some people will join me at the hockey games
Shut the fuck up, Donny. ....you're out of your fucking element!

Veteran

Postby KUZ » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:16 am

Like them or hate them if you're a baseball fan you have to admit that was one hell of a game 7!

2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS !!!
There's a "stairway to heaven" and a "highway to hell" because more people are going to hell!

Wolves fan for life

Postby Goon1 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:02 am

That was a nice game to watch. Exciting for sure. I grew up a Cubs fan and am very excited. On the flip side, I was very excited and was cheering the White Sox on to victory until the last out 10 years ago.
Dirk, Lurxst, and Pratt

Wolves fan for life

Postby WolfBoy » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:05 am

We are White Sox fans, & we've been pulling for the Cubs, that was the most exciting Game 7 of a World Series that I can recall. Job well done, Cubs.
You miss 100% of the Shots you don't Take. - Gretzky

Mr. Beer Snob

Postby WolfKeeper » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:05 pm

I grew up a Cubs fan, but didn't really watch them from high school onward, as hockey took my interest in sports 100%.

Back when the Schaumburg Flyers were in business, Princess got season tickets with a girlfriend. I went to an occasional game and developed a respect for baseball, watching from the front row behind the visitors dugout. Still didn't watch any MLB though.

Fast forward to last year, and I started to watch the Cubs late in the season into the playoffs. This year we watched about 95% of the entire season on TV.

It was a very fun ride. Hope they do it again.
"There's nothing important in there." -- AHL referee Ghislain Hebert on the AHL rulebook.

Wolves fan for life

Postby Mike » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:35 am

That was a fun game to watch. I couldn't have scripted a game any better. Cubs with the lead then Cleveland battling back to tie the game up in the 8th. A rain delay then the Cubs winning in the 10th. I almost wish there was a 8th and 9th game to see. This was such a fun series. I wasn't even nervous. I felt the same way with the Hawks first cup in 2010. I was sort of wanting it to go to a game 7. Just to drag it out a little longer. Anticipation is the greatest emotion.

I can just imagine the thought bubble above Kris Bryants head in the 10th when that ground ball was hit to him. "Were going to win the World Series!" He had this smile on his face during the whole play. He didn't look concerned or worried that he was going to screw it up. Just a guy living in the moment.
George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider."

Wolves fan for life

Postby warno » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:19 pm

11:20 am 11/4/16. I had the best seat in the house for a few seconds.

Veteran

Postby KUZ » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:11 am

Breaking news...
The Chicago Cubs are being forced to give up their World Series title.
Cleveland Indians fans have rioted across the country in protest of the 2016 World Series outcome. Despite knowing the rules prior to playing, they were unhappy with the results and demanded the outcome be changed. Their chant of #Not our World Series Champions could be heard across the nation. Even though the Cubs won 4 games and the Indians only 3, since both teams both scored 27 total runs throughout all 7 games, they feel that they should be declared Co World Series Champions!

Wolves fan for life

Postby Goon1 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:35 am

LOL! Made my morning KUZ
Dirk, Lurxst, and Pratt

Return to The Great Outdoors