Register

This Adam LaRoche thing...

You want to argue ketchup on hot dogs? Why the Bears suck? Post a stupid photo? If it ain't hockey, do it here.
Wolves fan for life

This Adam LaRoche thing...

Postby Howler1 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:32 pm

I'm really interested in hearing this opinionated groups take on this.
Lies, Greed, Racism and Fear... The Republican Way!

Wolves fan for life

Re: This Adam LaRoche thing...

Postby FlexwithSkates » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:53 pm

Upfront I am a lifelong White Sox fan. Life long American League fan. Not happy with the Sox recent trend of picking up National League decliners to DH and play first.

This whole thing sounded suspicious to me from BOTH sides from the beginning!!

On the actual initial issue that started the ball rolling, the Laroche kid being in camp 24/7, I agree with Kenny Williams it was too much. The little home schooler was there everyday and had taken over a locker in the clubhouse. I'm sure most of the player's children visit a little here and there but not as much as both sides are saying about Jake. Most of us can either bring our kid to work 1 day a year or never like me. Family members are not allowed to ride along. The LaRoche family can certainly afford day care and while some exposure to an adult sports locker room is a good thing, everyday, every dirty joke is probably not. The request of Williams seemed reasonable enough "Jake needs to cut down on his time here so Adam(Mr. .203, 12 HRs) can focus on improving your game.

The undercurrent:
I heard some criticizing Williams......but if Laroche retires you owe Mr. .203, 12 HRs nothing and you get all the tax space back. If you release him you pay part of his salary and if you do it while he's recovering from the "back spasm" injury even more. Did Williams know Laroche well enough to push the right buttons to cause him to retire, freeing up money and tax space to sign Justin Moreau?

Did LaRoche figure out last season and this spring that he has lost it, lost the ability to compete at this level. "Back Spasms" hold you out of spring playing time (some MLB contracts guarantee monies at certain dates). Then the opportunity to blame someone or something else comes along and........take it, play it up for a few days and if you get some traction, then Union Grievance!....... Bam! Today the Players Union came out to say they are looking into the situation.

We will never know the truth, sure there will be a handful of players who like Laroche and Jake or hate Williams or a combination of both who will bash the organization - most probably don't care - and those who can't stand Dad or the kid automatically lose if they speak it publically.

Only KW and Laroche will ever know.........
Shut the fuck up, Donny. ....you're out of your fucking element!

Wolves fan for life

Postby Howler1 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:15 pm

Don't let this make you feel bad Flex but that's basically my take on the situation as well. Thanks.

Wolves fan for life

Postby FlexwithSkates » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:50 pm

Funny!
I was hoping it wasn't just me who thought it was pretty cut and dry......

And to correct myself, it's Drake not Jake
Shut the fuck up, Donny. ....you're out of your fucking element!

Wolves fan for life

Postby Howler1 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:44 pm

I think we've all been in a situation like this. Where a neighbor might ask to borrow your ladder and you say "sure anytime or as much as you need to" and the next thing you know he keeps it in his garage all the time and is bothered when you ask for it's return.

Wolves fan for life

Postby WolfBoy » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:50 am

I can't tell you how pissed I am at this team. Their refusal to fire an inept manager because "we like him" is ridiculous, sorry OT a bit. I have read on WS boards many people are fed up with this team. I really have little interest in watching them.

The whole LaDunn thing doesn't surprise me, though I've never heard of anything like this, as it seems that Hahn's hands are tied on every step, it's a shame. KW needs to step down, maybe him & Robin can go fishing or golfing or something.
You miss 100% of the Shots you don't Take. - Gretzky

Mr. Beer Snob

Postby WolfKeeper » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:28 pm

Baseball sucks!
"There's nothing important in there." -- AHL referee Ghislain Hebert on the AHL rulebook.

Return to The Great Outdoors