Register

John Fogarty 1969 at Northerly Island

You want to argue ketchup on hot dogs? Why the Bears suck? Post a stupid photo? If it ain't hockey, do it here.
Wolves fan for life

John Fogarty 1969 at Northerly Island

Postby SpartyOn » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:11 pm

So Mr Sparty and I got last minute tix to this concert Wednesday night.....I will say right up front that we are both huge CCR and Fogarty fans so we were pretty excited about going. Northerly Island still has some work to do to make it a good venue for big name entertainment. The parking situation is awful.....we bought a VIP pass (my back won't allow long walks) and for $30 it is worth every penny. Nice concessions, lots of cold beer available throughout. Trying to leave will try your patience and then some. Now if you recall, Wednesday night was hardly a warm summer night on the lakefront. Kind of wet and cool. BUT.....the minute Fogarty took the stage, no one cared about the weather. Two and a half hours later we were exhausted from the musical ride he took us on. Wow..... it was easily one of the top 5 concerts I've ever seen. Let me qualify that by saying that summers while I was at MSU, I worked at a local outdoor music venue where I saw acts from Sammy Davis Jr to the Temptations to Liberace to Rick James to Chicago to Earth Wind and Fire to Bob Seeger and Neil Diamond.....I saw every single one of them in the summers I was there. So when I say I've seen a lot, I've seen a lot! I saw CCR when they were there in 1972 and they brought down the house although Im sure none of them remembered much about that week if you get my drift. Now here is 70 year old John Fogarty performing his music with his son as part of his band. If you find that you have the chance to see this show....run! It is amazing
Contributing Writer/Photographer for SpartanNation.com and The Phalanx Forum

Wolves fan for life

Re: John Fogarty 1969 at Northerly Island

Postby WolfBoy » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:53 pm

Good for you guys Sue, sounds like you had a great time. We saw Sammy Hagar at Ribfest in Naperville a short time ago, nothing like Live music.
You miss 100% of the Shots you don't Take. - Gretzky

Wolves fan for life

Re: John Fogarty 1969 at Northerly Island

Postby SpartyOn » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:22 pm

you're so right Tony.....nothing like it. Hope you and Lauren are enjoying the summer.
Contributing Writer/Photographer for SpartanNation.com and The Phalanx Forum

Return to The Great Outdoors