Register

Elderly care help question

You want to argue ketchup on hot dogs? Why the Bears suck? Post a stupid photo? If it ain't hockey, do it here.
Wolves fan for life

Elderly care help question

Postby 8cylinders » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:02 am

I know I can come here and get some good info. Wolves fans rock.

I just got a serious G.I. over the last holiday. The second one. First came in 07-11. Had the fun ride in the ambulance (great guys - MAJOR kudos to them as always), ICU stay then the, mandatory upper and lower GI's. You get the idea.

Here is my question ( it's not about the Gi's :mrgreen:): I am the PRV/POA for my 92 year old dad with dementia. He needs to shower which I would normally handle. Well doctors orders are that I need a vacation from some of the intense parts of his care. Been doing it 4 years for 24/7. I checked visiting angels and providence health care. They don't have male bath assistants. He won't go for a female assistant. Anybody know a place that might be able to provide a male assistant? In B.G. Il.

Thanks folks. You guys rock. :D

Go WOLVES!!!!!
Last edited by 8cylinders on Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
For a really bad officiating job call Harry Dumas. Contact the AHL for further details or other incomp-o-tant striped shirt idiots.

Wolves fan for life

Re: Elderly care help question

Postby Wolfwolf » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:56 pm

Try Catholic Charities, they work with the State.
WolfWolf

Wolves fan for life

Postby Howler1 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:03 pm

Contact his township. Depending on your dads finances he may be eligible for an assistant and some other benefits ie a "help I've fallen and get up" system. My mom gets hers for free as she doesn't have any income other than social security. My mom also lives in cook county. If you'd like contact me directly and I'll let you know what I know.
Lies, Greed, Racism and Fear... The Republican Way!

Wolves fan for life

Postby 8cylinders » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:22 am

Thanks folks. I'm gonna be checking these out. Please keep em' coming as you think of them.

Wolves fans rule!
For a really bad officiating job call Harry Dumas. Contact the AHL for further details or other incomp-o-tant striped shirt idiots.

Return to The Great Outdoors