Register

Burger King buys Tim Hortons!

You want to argue ketchup on hot dogs? Why the Bears suck? Post a stupid photo? If it ain't hockey, do it here.
Wolves fan for life

Burger King buys Tim Hortons!

Postby SnyderChic » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:25 am

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0 ... taxes.html

So will our Burger King's now have Timbits and good coffee?
"... Friends look out for each other no matter how tough things are." - Jake Snyder addressing Dany Heatly as this brother's funeral.

Lindeman's Lambic Spontaneously Fermanted and Loved by SC.

Wolves fan for life

Re: Burger King buys Tim Hortons!

Postby Howler1 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:34 pm

And another American company moving abroad to avoid taxes according to news reports. I'm done with them .
Lies, Greed, Racism and Fear... The Republican Way!

Wolves fan for life

Postby Goon1 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:02 pm

The taxes or companies moving abroad?
Dirk, Lurxst, and Pratt

Wolves fan for life

Postby SnyderChic » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:14 pm

Burger King made a statement that they aren't leaving Miami and the two will run as seperate entities

I'm sorry but I don't believe them
"... Friends look out for each other no matter how tough things are." - Jake Snyder addressing Dany Heatly as this brother's funeral.

Lindeman's Lambic Spontaneously Fermanted and Loved by SC.

Wolves fan for life

Postby FlexwithSkates » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:25 pm

Burger Kings corporate office will remain in the US, but it's corporate address will move out of the country to avoid the taxes......
and it is better for them to remain as separate companies,many companies have been splitting up to gain advantages. i.e. Kraft
Shut the fuck up, Donny. ....you're out of your fucking element!

Wolves fan for life

Postby FlexwithSkates » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:26 pm

Goon1 wrote:The taxes or companies moving abroad?

Howler voted for the taxes........
Shut the fuck up, Donny. ....you're out of your fucking element!

Mr. Beer Snob

Postby WolfKeeper » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:17 am

You know, everyone crying about Burger King and other companies moving their legal HQ out of country should SHUT THE FUCK UP AND COMPLAIN ABOUT IT TO THE US GOVERNMENT.

BK was paying US taxes on their combined WORLDWIDE profits. We're one of the few (maybe the only one?) that does that to corporations.

BK will still have to pay US taxes on their US-based profits while HQ'd in Canada. But now the money they make in foreign markets is not. And why should the US get a piece of that? They're not doing anything for that money! Like Obama said, they didn't build that!!

You have to be a DUMBSHIT to not take that deal!
"There's nothing important in there." -- AHL referee Ghislain Hebert on the AHL rulebook.

Wolves fan for life

Postby Howler1 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:23 pm

Corporations only pay taxes on their profits. How does that happen? It's called reinvesting back into the corporation. give raises to personnel ( sure you have to pay a little in employment taxes but that's a drop in the bucket compared to being taxed on profits) which will promote better morale, invest in buildings. equipment and marketing to name a few. How do I know this? Because my company is a corporation. I also find it funny that all the upstanding flag waving republicons who complain about the debt have no problem depleting the tax base to keep the debt lower for the 1% and corporations. They also seem to have no problem supporting corporations ship American jobs overseas and then out of the otherside of their mouths complain about the lack of jobs here. In addition are trying to abolish the minimum wage and then tell their employees to sign up for public aid. They won't even try to work with employees that need fixed schedules so they can get a second job to make ends meet. Personally I feel that that type of republicon activity is UN American. I don't vote for taxes and don't particularly enjoy paying them either, BUT I am an American citizen and do pay what I owe.
Lies, Greed, Racism and Fear... The Republican Way!

Wolves fan for life

Postby Goon1 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:06 pm

Howler1 wrote: I also find it funny that all the upstanding flag waving republicons who complain about the debt have no problem depleting the tax base to keep the debt lower for the 1% and corporations. They also seem to have no problem supporting corporations ship American jobs overseas and then out of the otherside of their mouths complain about the lack of jobs here. In addition are trying to abolish the minimum wage and then tell their employees to sign up for public aid. .

Wasn't it Clinton (A democrat) that signed an agreement that started all of the jobs going overseas? I remember because I am in the IT field and the company I was with gave raises to all of our employees because we "saved" all of this money because we let go all of these Americans and opened up a shop in India and they were praising Clinton for doing this, back in the day. At the time I loved it because I got a big frickign check for $5,000 out of the blue. But then so did my buddy at his company. I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I want what is best for the country and to be honest both parties totally suck. Whether it is Obama care which he of course doesn't want his name on anymore, or the blaming of Bush for the high Gas prices because he and Cheney where in bed with the oil companies. Funny how no one knows why the gas prices are so high now?

Again, republican or democrat, it doesn't matter, this country that I live in is fucked up because of both parties.
Dirk, Lurxst, and Pratt

Return to The Great Outdoors