Sox blow it again

You want to argue ketchup on hot dogs? Why the Bears suck? Post a stupid photo? If it ain't hockey, do it here.
Wolves fan for life

Sox blow it again

Postby WolfBoy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:15 am

I know there aren't many White Sox fans here, but to be outbid by the Padres is shameful, hard to stay a fan.
You miss 100% of the Shots you don't Take. - Gretzky

Enforcer

Re: Sox blow it again

Postby WolvesFan86 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:41 am

No way. They dodged a bullet, a contract that big and that long would come back to bite them later

Wolves fan for life

Postby WolfBoy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:32 pm

WolvesFan86 wrote:No way. They dodged a bullet, a contract that big and that long would come back to bite them later

Disagreed, the team has no elite player, that would have given them something they are sorely lacking, to attract other players. See Jon Lester with the Cubs.

It would not comeback to bite them, he has an out-clause w/ the Padres after 5 years, the Southsiders were not willing to do that.
You miss 100% of the Shots you don't Take. - Gretzky

Wolves fan for life

Postby chilly666 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:47 am

machado is not an elite player. he's an admitted lazy bastard. he's an overrated player with stats of a player on a losing teams for years.

the contract would very well come back and bite them due to lack of fans showing up at the games and money not being made to cover the deal. plus him then being untradeable due to said stupid contract.

Wolves fan for life

Postby wolves01 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:47 pm

Haven't visited this part of the boards in quite a while. As a Sox fan, I am beyond stoked right now! The future looks great. Missing out on Machado sucked at the time, but I think we're better off in the long run. Anyone catch Robert's AAA debut last night? :D

Return to The Great Outdoors