Register

10.21 vs the SAds

Talk about the Chicago Wolves, the AHL, and hockey in general here. Off-topic? Head outside to the Great Outdoors.
Wolves fan for life
User avatar
Posts: 4220
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:00 pm
Location: Inside Wolves Nation.

10.21 vs the SAds

Postby WolfBoy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:13 pm

Too many sloppy penalties cost us today.
You miss 100% of the Shots you don't Take. - Gretzky

Wolves fan for life
User avatar
Posts: 1122
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:00 pm
Location: Crystal Lake, IL

Re: 10.21 vs the SAds

Postby wolves01 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:16 pm

Power play isn't helping much either. Currently lowest percentage in the conference

Wolves fan for life
User avatar
Posts: 1815
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:59 am
Location: Licking the glass in 109

Re: 10.21 vs the SAds

Postby FlexwithSkates » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:45 am

This series will be the best all season, the teams are evenly matched. In turn the game appears sloppy with each being able to counter the other's attack. And things like the late penalty will loom large.

two matchups with Ads, two overtime games that were tied up late in the third.
Shut the fuck up, Donny. ....you're out of your fucking element!

Wolves fan for life
User avatar
Posts: 1815
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:59 am
Location: Licking the glass in 109

Re: 10.21 vs the SAds

Postby FlexwithSkates » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:48 am

Did the Wolves not check the Bears schedule before setting game times? Two Sundays in a row with noon Bears games and a 3pm puck drop. I know their are other factors but both Milwaukee so travel doesn't play in. A 4pm would have boosted attendance a little and a 5pm even more.
Shut the fuck up, Donny. ....you're out of your fucking element!

Wolves fan for life
User avatar
Posts: 3546
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Rolling on floor laughing my ass off.

Re: 10.21 vs the SAds

Postby Howler1 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:56 am

FlexwithSkates wrote:Did the Wolves not check the Bears schedule before setting game times? Two Sundays in a row with noon Bears games and a 3pm puck drop. I know their are other factors but both Milwaukee so travel doesn't play in. A 4pm would have boosted attendance a little and a 5pm even more.


I am lucky enough to have Bears ST as well. This season 4 conflicts as we speak. Yesterday, Nov 11, 18 and December 16. When they started at 4 at least I'd be there for the beginning of the 2nd. Poor planning as it effects TV watchers as well. Plus 3 school day games puts me at 7 wasted games. I think I'm going to half season pick'em games next year. I have trouble giving tickets away.
Lies, Greed, Racism and Fear... The Republican Way!

Veteran
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 9:59 pm

Re: 10.21 vs the SAds

Postby five4fighting » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:35 pm

Howler1 wrote:
FlexwithSkates wrote:Did the Wolves not check the Bears schedule before setting game times? Two Sundays in a row with noon Bears games and a 3pm puck drop. I know their are other factors but both Milwaukee so travel doesn't play in. A 4pm would have boosted attendance a little and a 5pm even more.


I am lucky enough to have Bears ST as well. This season 4 conflicts as we speak. Yesterday, Nov 11, 18 and December 16. When they started at 4 at least I'd be there for the beginning of the 2nd. Poor planning as it effects TV watchers as well. Plus 3 school day games puts me at 7 wasted games. I think I'm going to half season pick'em games next year. I have trouble giving tickets away.


How about they reduce the number of school day games, add in a few more week night games like there use to be, and throw in some other teams on the schedule besides Milwaukee, Grand Rapids, and Rockford... We all will be a little bit more happy then, right?

3rd Line Grinder
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:36 pm

Re: 10.21 vs the SAds

Postby Altmike » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:51 pm

Do the Wolves even have a say in the teams they play?

Wolves fan for life
User avatar
Posts: 4220
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:00 pm
Location: Inside Wolves Nation.

Re: 10.21 vs the SAds

Postby WolfBoy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:07 am

five4fighting wrote:
Howler1 wrote:
FlexwithSkates wrote:Did the Wolves not check the Bears schedule before setting game times? Two Sundays in a row with noon Bears games and a 3pm puck drop. I know their are other factors but both Milwaukee so travel doesn't play in. A 4pm would have boosted attendance a little and a 5pm even more.


I am lucky enough to have Bears ST as well. This season 4 conflicts as we speak. Yesterday, Nov 11, 18 and December 16. When they started at 4 at least I'd be there for the beginning of the 2nd. Poor planning as it effects TV watchers as well. Plus 3 school day games puts me at 7 wasted games. I think I'm going to half season pick'em games next year. I have trouble giving tickets away.


How about they reduce the number of school day games, add in a few more week night games like there use to be, and throw in some other teams on the schedule besides Milwaukee, Grand Rapids, and Rockford... We all will be a little bit more happy then, right?


Agreed, well said.
You miss 100% of the Shots you don't Take. - Gretzky

Wolves fan for life
Posts: 635
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: 10.21 vs the SAds

Postby cjerina » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:33 am

Altmike wrote:Do the Wolves even have a say in the teams they play?


Based on the fact that every team around them played the West Coast teams 3 years ago and they did not, gives me the impression that they can have some say into the selection. I don't think they get much say in the quantity of the match-ups however.
"This is one of your dumber posts Chris lol"- WK

3rd Line Grinder
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:36 pm

Re: 10.21 vs the SAds

Postby Altmike » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:36 pm

cjerina wrote:
Altmike wrote:Do the Wolves even have a say in the teams they play?


Based on the fact that every team around them played the West Coast teams 3 years ago and they did not, gives me the impression that they can have some say into the selection. I don't think they get much say in the quantity of the match-ups however.


I was wondering if it was like college football where the teams negotiate some of the teams that they play with a certain group that they have to play because of conference play.

Wolves fan for life
User avatar
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:42 am
Location: in my own little world

Re: 10.21 vs the SAds

Postby chilly666 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:54 pm

five4fighting wrote:How about they reduce the number of school day games, add in a few more week night games like there use to be, and throw in some other teams on the schedule besides Milwaukee, Grand Rapids, and Rockford... We all will be a little bit more happy then, right?


the amount of school day games will not go down as the wolves get 4x the amount of people there compared to a weeknight game and this organization only cares about the money now, not the fan base. other teams (mainly east coast, do not want to come west and those that do, only do it begrudgingly). they are more worried about travel costs and practice time, than who fans want to see the team play.

management also wants to not go west after certain dates (hence why they missed out on west coast in first and/or second year of it). management wants it to happen on their terms and if the league says no, then management balks at it. god forbid they get pressed and travel west in march...who cares, fucking do it.

Wolves fan for life
User avatar
Posts: 3546
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Rolling on floor laughing my ass off.

Re: 10.21 vs the SAds

Postby Howler1 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:31 pm

chilly666 wrote:
five4fighting wrote:How about they reduce the number of school day games, add in a few more week night games like there use to be, and throw in some other teams on the schedule besides Milwaukee, Grand Rapids, and Rockford... We all will be a little bit more happy then, right?


the amount of school day games will not go down as the wolves get 4x the amount of people there compared to a weeknight game and this organization only cares about the money now, not the fan base. other teams (mainly east coast, do not want to come west and those that do, only do it begrudgingly). they are more worried about travel costs and practice time, than who fans want to see the team play.

management also wants to not go west after certain dates (hence why they missed out on west coast in first and/or second year of it). management wants it to happen on their terms and if the league says no, then management balks at it. god forbid they get pressed and travel west in march...who cares, fucking do it.


The argument as I recall it was that they are fresher late in the season because their schedules have less games than everyone else.
Lies, Greed, Racism and Fear... The Republican Way!

Wolves fan for life
User avatar
Posts: 2092
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:49 am
Location: Living from my car

Re: 10.21 vs the SAds

Postby nmuwildcat » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:32 pm

Howler1 wrote:The argument as I recall it was that they are fresher late in the season because their schedules have less games than everyone else.

Still waiting for the complete domination from the California Five (err Pacific Seven now) in the playoffs from them playing six less games.

Oh, right, that never happened.
There is no "D" in Karel Pilar.

Wolves fan for life
User avatar
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:42 am
Location: in my own little world

Re: 10.21 vs the SAds

Postby chilly666 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:02 pm

Howler1 wrote:The argument as I recall it was that they are fresher late in the season because their schedules have less games than everyone else.


nope. the wolves didn't want to go out west in mid to late march when it was "scheduled to happen" because it would tax the team so late in the season and management said remove it from the schedule.

wolves brass thinks they their shit doesn't stink and don't have to do other things that other teams have to do. that whole persona has cost them many a season ticket holders over the last handful of years.

Return to On the Ice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests