Register

10.14 vs Mads

Talk about the Chicago Wolves, the AHL, and hockey in general here. Off-topic? Head outside to the Great Outdoors.
Wolves fan for life

10.14 vs Mads

Postby Howler1 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:20 am

Wow that was a game. I had them dead and buried after the second. Thank goodness they proved me wrong. Ads appeared to be a much tougher opponent than GR at least this weekend.
Lies, Greed, Racism and Fear... The Republican Way!

Mr. Beer Snob

Re: 10.14 vs Mads

Postby WolfKeeper » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:23 am

I had ribs in the oven for dinner and they were supposed to come out around the 3rd period.

They stayed in, fun third period and OT!
"There's nothing important in there." -- AHL referee Ghislain Hebert on the AHL rulebook.

Wolves fan for life

Postby cjerina » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:22 am

Going back to rewatch the bonehead icing attempt at the ENG on AHLTV, and appears they have their camera positioned in the lower level. Viewing angles are pretty horrible, not sure why they couldn't be positioned similar to the jumbotron camera. (edit: rewatching last year's games, the top of the glass seemed inline with the side FO dots, while the angle is much lower, with the top of the glass being tangent to the center-ice side of the circles).

That being said, pretty entertaining game with a bit more grit than I remember many Chi/Mke games in recent years.
"This is one of your dumber posts Chris lol"- WK

Mr. Beer Snob

Postby WolfKeeper » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:10 pm

They had a camera set up on a temporary platform at the top of 102/103. Very strange.
"There's nothing important in there." -- AHL referee Ghislain Hebert on the AHL rulebook.

Wolves fan for life

Postby warno » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:13 pm

I noticed that. Since I was at the opener and didn't see it on TV, I didn't know if that was the angle they were using for that game and that this would be a regular thing. The lower position makes it hard to watch with the top of the glass and stanchions running right through the middle of the ice. With 4 games on the NHL Network this year maybe it was something they suggested. Hope this was just an experiment.

Wolves fan for life

Postby Goon1 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:44 pm

I always hate giving points to teams in The Wolves division....BUT, I will take the comeback and the W any day.
Dirk, Lurxst, and Pratt

3rd Line Grinder

Postby FLSHBCK » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:46 pm

from Wolves twitter feed Sat night:

"For those watching on CW50 tonight, let us know what you think of the new primary camera angle. Our production team wants to provide an even closer look for our 25th season.

#GRvsCHI
#Wolves25"

Wolves fan for life

Postby chilly666 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:37 pm

i legit thought it was the ahltv camera being used

Wolves fan for life

Postby nmuwildcat » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:02 pm

cjerina wrote:Going back to rewatch the bonehead icing attempt at the ENG on AHLTV, and appears they have their camera positioned in the lower level. Viewing angles are pretty horrible, not sure why they couldn't be positioned similar to the jumbotron camera. (edit: rewatching last year's games, the top of the glass seemed inline with the side FO dots, while the angle is much lower, with the top of the glass being tangent to the center-ice side of the circles).

That being said, pretty entertaining game with a bit more grit than I remember many Chi/Mke games in recent years.
Was at the home opener, and saw that there was a low center ice camera situated in a suite at the back of the lower bowl. It was marked with neon green tape, and I figured that was the AHL.tv camera. Interesting to find out that it's the new TV camera.

Can't wait for the inevitable people standing in front of the camera just like watching a Red Wings game from Joe Louis Arena. :lol:
There is no "D" in Karel Pilar.

Wolves fan for life

Postby FlexwithSkates » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:30 pm

a great game between two evenly matched teams, looks like a great season series ahead against the Mads
Shut the fuck up, Donny. ....you're out of your fucking element!

Enforcer

Postby Altmike » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:14 pm

I too had the Wolves dead and buried in the second. I was really surprised, nice come back win. You could see that the guys were jacked about the win.

Wolves fan for life

Postby 8cylinders » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:22 am

Random shots:

Wish they would stick with the old camera angle. Maybe it's because of what I'm used to seeing but it seems easier to follow the game. The angle seems to steep. Just my opinion.

Tough game but we won. It's always nice to beat the noggodstinkinadmirals. :lol:

Bet the ribs tasted good wolfkeeper. :)

Nice start to the season.

GO WOLVES!!!!!!
For a really bad officiating job call Harry Dumas. Contact the AHL for further details or other incomp-o-tant striped shirt idiots.

Return to On the Ice