Switch to full style
Talk about the Chicago Wolves, the AHL, and hockey in general here. Off-topic? Head outside to the Great Outdoors.
Post a reply

Mobile Tickets

Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:22 pm

Does the AA take tickets scanned from cellphones? I always used paper, but noticed I can access all my season tix online.

Re: Mobile Tickets

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:31 am

If anyone is interested, the answer to this is yes

Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:15 pm

Looks like this is going to be the new ticketing method:

"Without continual growth and progress, such words as IMPROVEMENT, ACHIEVEMENT and SUCCESS have no meaning” – Benjamin Franklin

We want to be the best team – on and off the ice – and this absolutely extends to how we treat our customers. To be the best for you and for all our fans, we must adapt and improve. This offseason, we have decided to make a change for the better. We are striving to offer the best, most convenient, secure and flexible way for you to get the most out of your tickets – not to mention keeping pace with ticket technology.

What does this mean? Beginning with this season we’re going MOBILE, Wolves fans!

Accessing and managing tickets via mobile device (cell phone, tablets, etc.) is now very commonplace and industry standard.

Why Mobile Ticketing?

Mobile ticketing helps improve the customer’s game-day experience with the added bonus of increasing our safety and security. It reduces the risk of lost, stolen, counterfeit, forgotten or lost-in-the-mail tickets. You have the ability to manage, forward or exchange your tickets 24/7 and allows quick and easy entry into the arena using your smartphone.

Here are some FAQs we put together to explain a little more about mobile ticketing:

WHAT IS MOBILE ENTRY?
The Chicago Wolves are adopting “mobile entry” for our season ticket members starting with the 2018-19 season. Your tickets will be accessible through the Chicago Wolves MyTix website and can be saved to your mobile device for easy entry at all arena gates.

CAN I STILL PRINT MY TICKETS FROM HOME?
Yes. This season, you can print your tickets as a PDF from the Chicago Wolves MyTix website. Starting with the 2019-20 season, however, Ticketmaster will no longer provide a pdf printout as an option. This decision has been made to prevent fraudulent and counterfeit tickets, which has been a rapidly increasing problem in recent years.

HOW DO I MANAGE MY TICKETS THRU THE WEBSITE?
Log on to your account at www.Chicagowolves.com/MyTix. You will use your email address to access your account. Once you have logged into your account, you can view, forward, exchange or print your tickets.

CAN I HAVE MULTIPLE TICKETS ON A SINGLE PHONE?
Yes!

WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE A SMARTPHONE?
If you do not have a smartphone, please contact your Account Representative for assistance. Our staff is here to answer any questions concerning mobile entry or MyTix.

WHAT IF I NEED HELP ON A GAME DAY? BROKEN DEVICE OR BATTERY DIES?
If issues arise on a game day, you can visit the Box Office. Once at the Box Office, you can speak with a Chicago Wolves representative at the Season Ticket Member window who can assist in printing your tickets for that night.

HOW FAR IN ADVANCE CAN I ACCESS MY TICKETS?
You will be able to manage your season tickets starting one month prior to Opening Night.

Being the best requires change and improvement. We’re excited to unveil mobile ticketing and progressing forward. Of course, we will always be right here to help as we make the transition to a better, more secure and flexible experience for our fans. We will be in touch again soon with much more!"

Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:51 pm

Its amazing how far behind the curve that the Wolves are on things like this. Milwaukee has had this for at least 2, if not 3+ years.

Wasn't it just last year that you could finally transfer tickets via email for the Wolves? Milwaukee was able to do that since around 2009.

Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:06 pm

This is bullshit. Electronic should be an option not mandatory. Note how much they are saving by not sending out tickets. Shit even the Bears send out tickets to STHs. Moving tickets around is a hassle not a convenience.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:39 pm

cjerina wrote:Its amazing how far behind the curve that the Wolves are on things like this. Milwaukee has had this for at least 2, if not 3+ years.

Wasn't it just last year that you could finally transfer tickets via email for the Wolves? Milwaukee was able to do that since around 2009.

Good thing you are a SAds fan. :lol:

Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:55 am

Howler1 wrote:This is bullshit. Electronic should be an option not mandatory. Note how much they are saving by not sending out tickets. Shit even the Bears send out tickets to STHs. Moving tickets around is a hassle not a convenience.

Exactly they are passing the cost on to us.

Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:23 am

WolfBoy wrote:
cjerina wrote:Its amazing how far behind the curve that the Wolves are on things like this. Milwaukee has had this for at least 2, if not 3+ years.

Good thing you are a SAds fan. :lol:

Not sure why you're laughing, we got physical tickets but had the all of the electronic "abilities" that the Wolves are touting as well.

Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:09 pm

Digital tickets are pretty much the norm across the entire entertainment industry now. Even most grandmothers have a cell phone to access their tickets on. They are much easier to transfer than paper ones. I don't think it's so much the Wolves being late adopters as it is the Village of Rosemont not investing in the technology until recently.

Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:56 pm

I have no problem paying for what I receive. When I get my tickets from the Bears they are packed with ads etc. I don't care that's what pays for the service.

Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:24 pm

Howler1 wrote:This is bullshit. Electronic should be an option not mandatory. Note how much they are saving by not sending out tickets. Shit even the Bears send out tickets to STHs. Moving tickets around is a hassle not a convenience.

Agreed. Give the option. As shocking as it may seem to some people, there are individuals who do not have smart phones, nor printers at home. Not everyone is tech savvy. Also, if you happen to forget your phone at home, or the battery dies, guess what - go wait in line at the box office to get your ticket printed.

I get it, they are moving with the "times," but make it an option as Ticketmaster does with print at home tickets vs. hard tickets either mailed or at the box office for pick up.

Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:12 pm

The letter I got the other day says I can get tickets printed out for $25/ seat for the season. That's pretty high IMO. My loyalty towards the Wolves is waning both on and off the ice.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:41 pm

I actually used the coupons on the ticket to get a dunkin coffee. I will miss that.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:02 am

I gotta say this all print a home option or pay for tickets printed AND lost print a home really pisses me off. Especially for full season ticket holders. I can see doing this with flex packs or 10 games plans.

I mean how many full season ticket holders do they have anyway? Pissing on your most loyal customer is never good.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:05 am

Howler1 wrote:The letter I got the other day says I can get tickets printed out for $25/ seat for the season. That's pretty high IMO. My loyalty towards the Wolves is waning both on and off the ice.

I agree.. I was told that cost are rising and a takes a lot of money to put a competitive team on the ice...

How competitive has this team been since 2008 really?

Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:37 pm

In speaking with a friend, I guess quite a few other sports organizations are doing the mobile ticketing in all leagues. However, with the Wolves, print your own tickets at home (or use your phone)...Less benefits, and the ones that they offer suck...Games are practically general admission because the ushers do not do their job, nor care if people sit where they do not belong especially in the glass or gold circle seats... Honestly, in my opinion, it is getting tougher and tougher to stick around as a season ticket holder. No one is forcing us to stay, but it's enjoyable to watch games and see friends/fellow season ticket holders year after year. There are a few individuals who have been very loyal and supportive of the team in all aspects who did not renew this year. Sadly, the organization could care less - like don't let the door hit you on the way out. It almost seems as though they value the 1-3 game attendee more so than the season ticket holders who have been around for 10+ years.

Another irk of mine - why do there need to be THREE school day games? How many tickets are actually given away on those games or sold at a highly discounted price? I wonder how concessions sales are if you compare the school day game to a standard weeknight game.

The FREE parking benefit -- It's a nice deal, but it is for everyone attending games. They should at least keep the season ticket member parking separate from the general parking.

Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:50 pm

five4fighting wrote:Another irk of mine - why do there need to be THREE school day games? How many tickets are actually given away on those games or sold at a highly discounted price? I wonder how concessions sales are if you compare the school day game to a standard weeknight game.

I agree with you on the 3 school day games. 1 is enough. As far as the concessions, the games that I have gone too during the school day games, the concessions were always crowded as kids moved about getting food constantly. The week day games, the concessions seemed less crowded. Others might think differently, but that is what I have seen.

Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:38 am

Speaking of concessions. I imagine the profit margin on that stuff is sky high.

Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:00 pm

The Admirals provided a nice ticket booklet just like previous years at no additional cost, maybe its their way of making up for missing the playoffs last year. :lol:

Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:30 am

I mentioned the nice tickets that we used to get and that I save them all. They are souvenirs of the games. So what I get now? sheets of paper that have relatively no souvenir value that wont fit in ticket holders around my neck...ugh

Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:32 pm

Howler1 wrote:I mentioned the nice tickets that we used to get and that I save them all. They are souvenirs of the games. So what I get now? sheets of paper that have relatively no souvenir value that wont fit in ticket holders around my neck...ugh

Many people kept the ticket books, however I'd just be happy with the standard ticket stock that you would get tickets on from the box office or how they do playoff tickets. Don't need anything "fancy."

Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:18 pm

How many season ticket holders are left?

Has the company policy changed looking more toward single games?

Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:10 pm

gruberted wrote:How many season ticket holders are left?

I am not a season ticket holder, but it seems the main focus is on group sales

Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:00 pm

WolvesFan86 wrote:
gruberted wrote:How many season ticket holders are left?

I am not a season ticket holder, but it seems the main focus is on group sales

That is what I have seen too. More on group sales. I don't think they are anti season ticket holder but they get more bang for the buck on group sales.

It is hard to go to all the games in a season. I did for the first few years but for the last 10 years or so I've been a half season ticket holder.

Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:13 pm

Howler1 wrote:I mentioned the nice tickets that we used to get and that I save them all. They are souvenirs of the games. So what I get now? sheets of paper that have relatively no souvenir value that wont fit in ticket holders around my neck...ugh

So they sent us giant ticket holders that can accommodate the printer sheets folded in 3rds. They work.

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:54 pm

I bought Nashville Preditors tickets for later in the season. All preditors tickets, even single game tickets, are mobile only. No option to print, mobile phone entry only. So it could be worse.

Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:12 pm

How do I redeem my free Dunkin' ice coffee now?

Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:29 pm

I've given my DD coupons on the tickets to a special needs daughter of a friend of mine for years......
I guess no more coupons.....

Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:16 pm

WolfKeeper wrote:How do I redeem my free Dunkin' ice coffee now?

FlexwithSkates wrote:I've given my DD coupons on the tickets to a special needs daughter of a friend of mine for years......
I guess no more coupons.....

I was asking that same question myself. I give it to a friend at work.
Post a reply