Switch to full style
Talk about the Chicago Wolves, the AHL, and hockey in general here. Off-topic? Head outside to the Great Outdoors.
Post a reply

This past weekend

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:49 pm

Overall another quality weekend for the wolves.The team took a close game on the road friday and blew it open;Saturday was a bit of a disappointment.They looked tired it seems and Cleveland like Grand Rapids seems to have their number.Sunday I think they showed why they're holding on to that second place spot.They had to win and they did.Nice to see Husso have another good game.I'm torn between the goalies.Binnington stepped in after Copely got traded and has played well.But I think Husso when he gets hot is lights out.Husso seems to be a tad faster on using his body;maybe because Binnington is bigger he's not as agile.It's a good problem to have;2 good goalies both playing well,both supporting each other and both having the team play well in front of them.I sure hope Charlotte or Iowa gets that last spot.Could see Cleveland winning a couple of rounds in the playoffs.5 games left with a chance to win the division.Hope the Blues don't put a dent in our playoff run.

Re: This past weekend

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:12 am

Hopefully the Blues get dispensed in the first round. I just wish it were the Hawks doing it to them. I like our chances if we draw Milwaukee in the first round.

Re: This past weekend

Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:49 pm

Yes the wolves have played well against milwaukee and charlotte this season.Seeing the first round is best of 3 out of 5 It's key to have home ice and defend it.As much as I want to see them finish first I don't want to play cleveland.The defending champions have outplayed us this year it seems more than grand rapids.We seem over matched against the monsters.Against grand rapids we held our own in games but it didn't show up in the game standings.This wolves team has the ability to go deep in the playoffs and with a hot goalie anything is possible.But that first round being only 3 of 5 is a potential trap.
Post a reply