Register

TV Schedule?

Talk about the Chicago Wolves, the AHL, and hockey in general here. Off-topic? Head outside to the Great Outdoors.
Wolves fan for life

TV Schedule?

Postby Goon1 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:45 pm

I still do not see a TV schedule listed on the Wolves page. Am I just missing it? Anyone else see anything?
Dirk, Lurxst, and Pratt

Wolves fan for life

Re: TV Schedule?

Postby WolfBoy » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:22 pm

No, there is nothing - yet?! I emailed my Rep, she said it's not out yet, they usually have this all in place by now, not sure what's going on.
You miss 100% of the Shots you don't Take. - Gretzky

3rd Line Grinder

Postby FLSHBCK » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:04 pm

My rep told me it will be about the same as last years and should be out soon, they're finalizing it now.

Wolves fan for life

Postby Goon1 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:17 pm

Thanks guys. I was just wondering as the season starts next week, and it has been out already in years past.
Dirk, Lurxst, and Pratt

Wolves fan for life

Postby nmuwildcat » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:05 pm

Just announced. Weekend (Fri/Sat/Sun) home games broadcast, weekend away games in MKE and RFD broadcast. Nothing else. No midweek home games, no road games further than 2hr drive.

https://www.chicagowolves.com/2018/10/03/wolves-announce-broadcast-schedule-with-cw50-chicago-and-the-u-too/

41 games on TV.
4 home Sunday games simulcast on NHL Net.
There is no "D" in Karel Pilar.

Captain of the Gravy Train

Postby Alvious » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:14 pm

Well, it's better than a sharp stick in the eye.
Bring your champions, they're our meat!

Wolves fan for life

Postby Goon1 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:42 pm

Thanks for the update. I remember the days everything was broadcasted, even the Manitoba games years ago. I can't get to upset I guess....we had it good for so many years.
Dirk, Lurxst, and Pratt

Enforcer

Postby WolvesFan86 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:03 pm

Wow, so they televise the games that fans could easily go to, but not the ones that people most likely wouldn't travel to. I guess they really want to sell the online streaming. If anyone trys it, let me know how the quality is. It would have to be much better than AHL live for me to subscribe

Wolves fan for life

Postby chilly666 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:20 pm

this has nothing to do with ahltv. this has to do with the team pinching pennies.

anyways, yes ahltv will be better than ahl live was.

Wolves fan for life

Postby wolves01 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:43 am

chilly666 wrote:this has nothing to do with ahltv. this has to do with the team pinching pennies.

anyways, yes ahltv will be better than ahl live was.

Definitely. I've always wondered how many people tune in for an average game. I'll bet you it's very low. The expense of flying a crew out, renting equipment, etc is probably enormous. While I'm not thrilled about it, I get it. Will get AHL TV a try this year.

Enforcer

Postby WolvesFan86 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:17 pm

AHL TV is having a free preview this weekend. You have to create an account, but don't need to pay for anything to see the opening weekend.

Wolves fan for life

Postby 8cylinders » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:31 pm

I might give the free weekend a try. I mean it's free. I'm turning into a genious as we speak. :lol:
The AHL live was a joke. Hopefully this will be better. I can understand the team cutting back on televised games like they have been doing for the past number of years. We sure were spoiled there for a while when they all were on TV. Maybe if they actually won another cup that might change. Winning does that. Hey, it's a new season and a another chance to make the playoffs and not go comatose in them. :P

GO WOLVES!
For a really bad officiating job call Harry Dumas. Contact the AHL for further details or other incomp-o-tant striped shirt idiots.

Wolves fan for life

Postby wolves01 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:49 am

I think I saw enough last weekend to take the plunge on AHLTV. Definitely some issues from the games in Colorado, but overall I was impressed with the quality I saw when dropping in to watch other games.

Enforcer

Postby WolvesFan86 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:41 pm

The Wolves game was the worst quality, and it wasn't that bad. I am trying to decide if I want to spend the extra money for the whole league package or just the Wolves

4th Line Goon

Postby Altmike » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:13 pm

WolvesFan86 wrote:The Wolves game was the worst quality, and it wasn't that bad. I am trying to decide if I want to spend the extra money for the whole league package or just the Wolves

How much was it?

Wolves fan for life

Postby nmuwildcat » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:28 pm

WolvesFan86 wrote:The Wolves game was the worst quality, and it wasn't that bad. I am trying to decide if I want to spend the extra money for the whole league package or just the Wolves

I was thinking the same when it was first announced, and the $20 difference to get *every* AHL game is a no-brainer in getting. Especially if you want to peek in on old players or even see what some of the other teams look like.

*edit* Also, the everything package is just $80. Which is $40 cheaper than my MLB.tv package, and almost half the price of NHL.tv.
There is no "D" in Karel Pilar.

Enforcer

Postby WolvesFan86 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:43 am

Altmike wrote:

How much was it?

The one team season pass is $60, all teams season pass is $80. There is also an away games only package or single game, but I don't remember the prices for those

Enforcer

Postby WolvesFan86 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:45 am

nmuwildcat wrote:

I was thinking the same when it was first announced, and the $20 difference to get *every* AHL game is a no-brainer in getting. Especially if you want to peek in on old players or even see what some of the other teams look like.

*edit* Also, the everything package is just $80. Which is $40 cheaper than my MLB.tv package, and almost half the price of NHL.tv.

I think I will get the whole league, even if I only watch a couple other games it would be worth it. I hate to admit this, but as a Blackhawks fan also, I would like to see some of their developing players, especially goaltenders.

Wolves fan for life

Postby cjerina » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:06 pm

FWIW, I bought a team-package on AHLTV and it appears that you do have the option to "upgrade" for the price difference, if that helps anyone make the plunge. Watched the Admirals game last night, and other than some problems with the clock (was slow by 10s at the final minute), the production from San Antonio was pretty good.
"This is one of your dumber posts Chris lol"- WK

Wolves fan for life

Postby wolves01 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:56 am

By comparison, ECHL is $199 for the entire league. $149 for a single team, or $99 for your favorite teams' road games.

Return to On the Ice