Register

Bye Bye Mallards

Talk about the Chicago Wolves, the AHL, and hockey in general here. Off-topic? Head outside to the Great Outdoors.
Wolves fan for life

Bye Bye Mallards

Postby Goon1 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:48 am

Quad City to cease operations at the end of the season

http://qctimes.com/sports/hockey/profes ... 4c7ea.html
Dirk, Lurxst, and Pratt

Wolves fan for life

Re: Bye Bye Mallards

Postby Goon1 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:51 am

That sucks. Hate to see any team in any league have to "fold" "cease" or close shop.
Dirk, Lurxst, and Pratt

Veteran

Postby PaulyWolf » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:10 pm

Vegas will have to find another e.c.h.l team to affiliate with.I know that they were thinking about putting an e.c.h.l. team in Reno,NV.Now that might come to fruition.Sucks about the Mallards though.You would of thought they would do well there but according to ownership the cost ultimately was the reason for ceasing operations.

Wolves fan for life

Postby FlexwithSkates » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:12 am

Does that mean Lt.Dangle and Junior will be working Security at games while off duty?
Shut the fuck up, Donny. ....you're out of your fucking element!

Wolves fan for life

Postby chilly666 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:11 pm

PaulyWolf wrote:I know that they were thinking about putting an echl team in Reno, NV. Now that might come to fruition.

there is not going to be a team in reno in the near future. it's been ongoing for 15 years that a team will appear in reno.

Wolves fan for life

Postby nmuwildcat » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:08 am

chilly666 wrote:there is not going to be a team in reno in the near future. it's been ongoing for 15 years that a team will appear in reno.

I really wish I had enough disposable income where I could pay the ECHL franchise rights for a dormant team "coming soon" for the last 15 years.
There is no "D" in Karel Pilar.

Veteran

Postby PaulyWolf » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:18 pm

Vegas will need to pair up with an echl team.With Quad City going bye bye logic would think they want something closer to them.So we'll see where & who they end up affiliating with.

Wolves fan for life

Postby nmuwildcat » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:24 pm

Well, unless they're looking to have an ECHL scrub fill in on a line in practice while awaiting for their AHL callup to arrive, i would assume proximity of the E team would matter more to proximity of the AHL team.

Side note, who the eff is Toronto trying to buffalo by claiming that moving their affiliate from Orlando to St. John's is so "the ECHL team is closer to us?"

They do realize that as-the-crow-flies, Orlando is almost 300 miles closer?
There is no "D" in Karel Pilar.

Mr. Beer Snob

Postby WolfKeeper » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:02 am

It's Toronto.

Magic air over Canada makes for faster travel.
"There's nothing important in there." -- AHL referee Ghislain Hebert on the AHL rulebook.

Veteran

Postby PaulyWolf » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:13 pm

[quote="nmuwildcat"]Well, unless they're looking to have an ECHL scrub fill in on a line in practice while awaiting for their AHL callup to arrive, i would assume proximity of the E team would matter more to proximity of the AHL team.

Well Peoria,Ft.Wayne,& Kalamazoo come to mind.Peoria is in the SPHL and the other 2 are in the ECHL with Arizona and Vancouver being affiliates.Peoria would be a good choice;the ECHL only has 27 soon to be 26 teams so we'll see how it all plays out.

Wolves fan for life

Postby chilly666 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:31 pm

PaulyWolf wrote:Well Peoria,Ft.Wayne,& Kalamazoo come to mind.Peoria is in the SPHL and the other 2 are in the ECHL with Arizona and Vancouver being affiliates.Peoria would be a good choice;the ECHL only has 27 soon to be 26 teams so we'll see how it all plays out.

you really should do some research....

first, nhl and sphl teams can not affiliate due to sphl's lack of players association.
second, the echl will have 27 teams next season

Eastern Conference - North Division (7)
Adirondack Thunder, Brampton Beast, Maine Mariners, Manchester Monarchs, Reading Royals, St. John's, Worcester Railers

Eastern Conference - South Division (7)
Atlanta Gladiators, Florida Everblades, Greenville Swamp Rabbits, Jacksonville Icemen, Norfolk Admirals, Orlando Solar Bears, South Carolina Stingrays.

Western Conference - Central Division (6)
Cincinnati Cyclones, Fort Wayne Komets, Indy Fuel, Kalamazoo Wings, Toledo Walleye, Wheeling Nailers

Western Conference - Mountain Division (7)
Allen Americans, Idaho Steelheads, Kansas City Mavericks, Rapid City Rush, Tulsa Oilers, Utah Grizzlies, Wichita Thunder

lastly, the wolves and wings have tried the affiliation game and it failed twice. the last time k-zoo was none to happy with the way the wolves worked with them (color any of us who know **** shocked). the komets are not a great team to affiliate with either due to ownership and the way the franke's run their team (very similar to wolves before agreement w/vegas).

Veteran

Postby PaulyWolf » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:42 pm

Peoria would have to be convinced to join the ECHL if the ECHL would allow them to join and Peoria could leave the SPHL without recourse.Probably won't happen,wishful thinking.

Wolves fan for life

Postby chilly666 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:31 pm

the ushl is a better bet than going back to the echl

Wolves fan for life

Postby Chippy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:30 am

PaulyWolf wrote:Vegas will need to pair up with an echl team.With Quad City going bye bye logic would think they want something closer to them.So we'll see where & who they end up affiliating with.

What makes you think Vegas will need to pair up with an ECHL team? They are not required to have an ECHL affiliate.

Veteran

Postby PaulyWolf » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:42 pm

Vegas doesn't have to pair with the ECHL but after that league, the other choices are SPHL and USHL.So we'll see what the parent club does.

Wolves fan for life

Postby chilly666 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:22 pm

PaulyWolf wrote:Vegas doesn't have to pair with the ECHL but after that league, the other choices are SPHL and USHL.So we'll see what the parent club does.

say what? you were already told that they can not affiliate with an sphl team and now you're going to suggest affiliating with a junior team?

seriously are you just trolling this board or seriously dumb?

Chippy wrote:What makes you think Vegas will need to pair up with an ECHL team?

they will to be able to keep their and extra wolves' signings in game action with an affiliate easier. i think they will have one and my guess is utah if anaheim leaves that setup.

Veteran

Postby PaulyWolf » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:06 pm

[quote="chilly666"]

say what? you were already told that they can not affiliate with an sphl team and now you're going to suggest affiliating with a junior team?

seriously are you just trolling this board or seriously dumb?

And people wonder why only the same 6-8 people post on this board even with all the people registered.Excuse Me.Mistakes happen when posting.My bad.

Wolves fan for life

Postby chilly666 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:24 pm

PaulyWolf wrote:Mistakes happen when posting. My bad.

mistakes happen? you were just told after your last post that it couldn't happen and to top it off, you went to a jr league claiming an affiliation could happen!

god forbid someone be held accountable for bullshit. i didn't realize we all were suppose to play patty cake and not hurt anyone's feelings. this is why hockey sucks now, because it's all about the power play instead of someone beating someone's ass for something stupid/cheap/dirty.

Mr. Beer Snob

Postby WolfKeeper » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:51 am

Jesus Christ on a pogo stick, you'd think he destroyed your 401K or something. Lighten up lol
"There's nothing important in there." -- AHL referee Ghislain Hebert on the AHL rulebook.

Return to On the Ice